Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ashes of American Flags

Everyone has a band that they grew up with. You know the deal, you may have bought their first record and then stuck with them as they rode the sophomore wave and "grew up". Maybe they quit or broke up, maybe they kept going. But a small group of bands challenge their fans with each new release. Wilco is that band for me. They have been called the most important band in America right now, and I think that is almost an understatement. They are often compared with Radiohead, but in my opinion , where Radiohead took a detour into electronic freakouts and got sidetracked Wilco found their feet. The music is always grounded and approachable and yet they take it places you never anticipate.

My Ashes of American flags DVD arrived yesterday. I'm very happy.

No comments: